The Caturra variety has a rich presentation of intense flavours, such as berry, caramel, vanilla, and white chocolate. This diverse blend of flavours has made it a symbol for coffee grown in the region.
Our Caturra varietal is single-origin specialty coffee. Each bean is individually selected and processed by hand by our montañeros partners. We purchase all our coffee within 6 weeks of being harvested, which means your coffee is fresh, healthy and of the highest quality.
The best coffee is the one you like; prepared in the way you like. However, coffee aficionados offer the following tips for the best tasting coffee:
- Enjoy coffees of unique and traceable origin (Single Origin). Generally, these coffees are of higher quality.
- Brew coffee with water between 195°F and 205°F (90 ℃ – 95 ℃).
- Drink medium roasted coffee. This allows you to appreciate the aromas and nectars of each grain, this means the coffee you bought is of excellent quality.
- Buy just whole beans and grind at home in each preparation.
- Always use filtered water in your preparations.
- Use a simple method of preparation such as the French press, V60 or Chemex.
- Try to enjoy coffee without sugar, cream or milk. A good coffee has natural nectars that make its taste sweet and pleasant. It is very healthy.
- Finally, enjoy it in the company of those you love most.