Castillo Natural is our Castillo varietal processed naturally. This natural process consists of leaving the fruit on the coffee bean and allowing it to dry and ferment. This gives the coffee an unmistakable wine flavour.
Our crops are surrounded by tropical forests in one of the most biodiverse places on earth. This gives our coffee its unique terroir and natural sugars. The Castillo varietal is particularly resistant to pests and disease, eliminating the need for pesticides.
The best coffee is the one you like; prepared in the way you like. However, coffee aficionados offer the following tips for the best tasting coffee:
- Enjoy coffees of unique and traceable origin (Single Origin). Generally, these coffees are of higher quality.
- Brew coffee with water between 195°F and 205°F (90 ℃ – 95 ℃).
- Drink medium roasted coffee. This allows you to appreciate the aromas and nectars of each grain, this means the coffee you bought is of excellent quality.
- Buy just whole beans and grind at home in each preparation.
- Always use filtered water in your preparations.
- Use a simple method of preparation such as the French press, V60 or Chemex.
- Try to enjoy coffee without sugar, cream or milk. A good coffee has natural nectars that make its taste sweet and pleasant. It is very healthy.
- Finally, enjoy it in the company of those you love most.