Castillo’s citrus explosion will wake you up and keep you going. Medium-bodied and bursting with citrus flavour, our Castillo Varietal of Colombian coffee beans offers subtle aromas of sugar cane, lime, and chocolate.
Every bean is crafted to perfection, and the real protagonist is the coffee grower, who is committed to quality and sustainability, allowing us to continue sourcing the finest beans and crafting exceptional blends that we hope bring a little joy to your day.
Castillo is a varietal of the Arabica species that produces unique profiles in each cup. It is certified by the Colombian Coffee Growers Federation, a benchmark of quality.
This varietal grows in microlots at an elevation of between 1,600 and 1,800 metres. It has been a favourite of coffee producers and their families for generations.
Our crops are surrounded by tropical forests in one of the most biodiverse places on earth. This gives our coffee its unique flavour and natural sugars. The Castillo varietal is particularly resistant to pests and disease, eliminating the need for pesticides.
The best coffee is the one you like; prepared in the way you like. However, coffee aficionados offer the following tips for the best tasting coffee:
- Enjoy coffees of unique and traceable origin (Single Origin). Generally, these coffees are of higher quality.
- Brew coffee with water between 195°F and 205°F (90 ℃ – 95 ℃).
- Drink medium roasted coffee. This allows you to appreciate the aromas and nectars of each grain, this means the coffee you bought is of excellent quality.
- Buy just whole beans and grind at home in each preparation.
- Always use filtered water in your preparations.
- Use a simple method of preparation such as the French press, V60 or Chemex.
- Try to enjoy coffee without sugar, cream or milk. A good coffee has natural nectars that make its taste sweet and pleasant. It is very healthy.
- Finally, enjoy it in the company of those you love most.